The high levels of LDL cholesterol are one of the major health problems affecting many people in the world. A lot of information indicating that high levels of LDL cholesterol are associated strongly with the risk of coronary heart disease. When LDL cholesterol levels are high, cholesterol is deposited in the walls of arteries and forms a hard substance called plaque. Over time, the plaque causes the arteries to narrow, reducing blood flow and causing a condition called atherosclerosis, which can lead to the occurrence of serious cardiovascular problems.
In this article, we show you 5 of the most beneficial food and supplements to maintain healthy cholesterol levels based on this reference:
- Niacin: The Niacin is a B vitamin that has great potential to reduce levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglycerides and increases HDL (good cholesterol).
- Vitamins C and E: Prevent the oxidation of cholesterol and adherence to plates. Read more on cholesterolmenu.com.
- Gugulipid Extract: The guggulipid is an extract from the resin of a tree native to India and contains substances called guggulsterone. Guggulsterones have the ability to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Soy Isoflavones: The isoflavones in soy have large capacities to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and also help protect the cardiovascular system thanks to its content of omega-3 and omega-6.
- Oat bran: Oatmeal has soluble fiber that can absorb water and other substances as cholesterol in the blood flowing. It also has the ability to stimulate peristalsis, to help remove LDL cholesterol. In addition, oat bran does not allow excess cholesterol buildup in the arteries, preventing clogged arteries and heart disease.